Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tiny Hat for Alma

Hello friends

Look at this - 2 posts in one week! I'm back today with another hat, this one for the newest member of our family, Alma. Alma was 2 weeks early and she's just tiny ... 6 lbs of tiny. Winter has hit here with a vengeance and this Gramma wanted her newest Granddaughter to have a new hat.

I used a 29 peg CinDWood loom, and it turned out so sweet - but awfully tiny.


Like Olivia's hat last year, this one uses two strands as one - with a variegated yarn and a baby pink one. Yes, it's the same hat as in the above photo - just in a different position on the bench that I was using to take the photos.


See what I mean about tiny?


But - it fits her! I'm sure she will be growing like a weed soon, so I will start on the next size up for her ... but if they have to take her out at all in this dreadful cold, she will have a hat to keep her warm.


Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh this turned out beautiful which works nicely as it is for a gorgeous little girl. I hate the thought of this cold weather and having to go out in it, never mind a baby out in it. I just saw your previous post and I think I'm gong to be CASing that pattern. Do we use the term CASE in knitting like we do in card making? If you are not familiar with it, it means Copy And Share Everything. Have a wonderful day Bless those grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes I believe we CAN use the term CASE in knitting too. :-)

      Delete