Friday, September 25, 2015

Baby Hat and Blanket

Good morning friends

Today for Finished Friday I have a baby hat I made for a friend who had a new Grandson. This is actually a stitch sequence I've used for the last few hats I've made and I really like it. I don't know who came up with it, I THINK it's called the Hurdle Stitch but I'm not sure. Please leave me a comment below if you know who to credit the stitch sequence to.


It is a 4 row sequence, rows 1 & 2 are E-wrapped. Rows 3 & 4 are Knit 1, Purl 1 across. Repeat until the hat is deep enough. I used a CinDWood 44 peg hat loom, and used the Navajo method of knitting 3 strands from a single ball of yarn. The the sequence was started after the garter stitch brim was wide enough for my liking.

I love to make a stroller blanket for new babies, so I crochet one to match the hat in my favourite "V Stitch".



And the set all getting packaged up for gift giving.


My friend shared a picture of little Sam wearing his new hat and all snuggled in his car seat with his new blanket - so sweet!


Thanks for stopping by




4 comments:

  1. Where's the instructions on this hat and baby blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this means you like them! If you check the post, I give the loom used and the stitch sequence, so I won't repeat them here. I don't often use patterns when making loom knit hats - I just make the brim as wide as I want it with whatever stitch appeals to me at the moment, then I make the hat as deep as i want it with whatever stitch I feel like. Gather the top and ... done. The blanket is crochet, and I used a pattern from the Lion Brand Website. Hope this helpe.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No, I do not do video's, on YouTube or anywhere. :-)

      Delete