Thursday, June 18, 2015

A New Looming Project!

Ok - don't fall over. I'm finally able to start looming again and I'm back with a new project. My Rheumatoid Arthritis is under control with diet and wicked medication and I have more mobility with a lot less pain. We have our new house mostly organized, and now that I can occasionally do stairs we are trying to get the basement sorted and organized. I had my looms and bins of yarns stored out at our cabin, but we are slowly bringing them back home and I've decided that if they fill up the guest closet - ahhh well. We don't have that many overnight guests that require a closet, and if the occasion arises - I'll deal with it then. :-)  The fun of downsizing!

I'm a huge fan of fellow loomer Dayna Scoles and since I have no idea yet which box my loom knitting books are in, I went to her Etsy site to see what I might like to start with. It was so hard to decide on a pattern - she has quite a few beautiful looming patterns!

I had just bought a few skeins of a pale periwinkle yarn from a crafting friend so I decided on Dayna's Pagosa Springs Scarf and started it last night.


This is made with Dayna's own Rivulet Stitch, and I love the open lacy pattern. I admit to finding it a little confusing reading the instructions but Dayna provided lots of photographs with the pattern  and it turned out not to be difficult at all. Plus, with it being so lacy, it's working up quickly.


I did NOT need to be buying any more yarn, but Periwinkle is the colour for Pulmonary Hypertension, a rare progressive disease that our young Granddaughter was diagnosed with in September. Wearing something with this colour is like sending her - and all those affected - a big hug.



No comments:

Post a Comment