Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oatmeal Spiral Hat

My Dad is still in the hospital, it's a crazy busy season, and I have not had a chance to even take a picture of the hat I referred to last week. I started a matching cowl on the same road trip but I haven't even been able to look the loom since we got back. 

So I'm sharing a hat I made for my cousin, using this lovely oatmeal yarn.  


I love this spiral pattern, and yes - I use it frequently. (You can see my pattern on THIS post. )
 

I used Jeannie Phillips cast off (you can do a YouTube Video search if you are interested in her technique) because it makes a nice flat top - especially when you are using a bulky yarn like this #6 weight.



I don't often do a ribbing stitch for a hat brim, but sometimes I like to. It gives an almost scalloped look to the bottom edge!  I used the green Knifty Knitter Loom.








Hopefully once I get Christmas behind me, I can get back to work on that cowl!

Thanks for stopping by.



5 comments:

  1. I love this pattern too! Made several hats for family members for Chrismas using it. Hope you father is doing well and that you all still enjoy Christmas no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you post the video of the cast of
    i don't find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a search, and here is the link to the Flat Drawstring Cast off:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoizvzKpBBA

      Delete
  3. What yarn did you use for this? I really like it. Nice and plushy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the long delay in responding ... I completely missed your comment! The best I can tell, is that I used Lion Brand's Wool Ease, Thick and Quick in Oatmeal.

      Delete