Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Finished Mobius Shawl

This afternoon I got the ends woven in, and the pictures taken of my finished Mobius Shawl. It looks different on the hanger than it does on me, but this will give you the idea and is probably how I will wear it most often...


The stitch pattern is so nice - and of course it is virtually the same on both sides which is important because of the mobius twist.


Below is a picture of the stitch markers I used on the loom ... I got the idea from other loomers. They are pencil grips, cut apart and they work like a charm! Sure made counting the stitches a breeze.


You can pull it up higher around your shoulders and roll the neck back to form a collar ...


Or pull it up even higher, which would be the warmest way to wear it.


Finally, here is a picture of the back.


I used a pattern called Mobius Shawl by Ann Bipes in her book "Learn New Stitches on Circle Looms".   Because I'm a plus size, I wanted to be sure I made it big enough. I ended up knitting the rectangle almost 59" long and used almost 3 skeins of the yarn. It fits perfectly!

I think I would like to make another one of these for our Granddaughter Olivia, who is two. I will have to just 'wing it' though, to get it the right size.  I was also going to make one for my Mother-In-Law for her December birthday but I think she will find the twist a little fiddly. It's the twist that keeps it on your shoulders though, so I will have to find something else to make for her.

Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. I love it. I will have to purchase the book cause I think I would like to make one for myself. Thank you for the sizing tip as I am plus size too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I have been wanting! Thanks for passing on the tip for the stitch markers and the sizing info. I'm sure that will be helpful as I'm plus size too.
    Really enjoying your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I added my response as a comment, so you probably won't see it. Here it is again...
      Lynn I hope you have a chance to make one of these -- I wear it frequently in the house now that the weather is getting cooler. Sometimes I get a chill and this is so easy to toss on. Then pull off when I've warmed up. I love that your arms are free when you are wearing this.
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment
      Cheers,
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Lynn I hope you have a chance to make one of these -- I wear it frequently in the house now that the weather is getting cooler. Sometimes I get a chill and this is so easy to toss on. Then pull off when I've warmed up. I love that your arms are free when you are wearing this.
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment
    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to find this amazing blog!!!! And this poncho its soooooo pretty!!!! By the way, I am a new subscriber in your blog.

    ReplyDelete