Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dressy Infinity Scarf (Work In Progress)

Like most knitters, I have a stash of yarn. The problem is, I can't decide what to make with any of it so I make nothing.  This weekend I decided enough was enough, and I pulled out a beautiful artisan yarn from 'Knit & Caboodle' in Canmore. And I started on an infinity scarf...


It's a simple drop stitch pattern, but all the different textures in the yarn (including a silver thread) give it lots of interest while keeping a lovely drape.   The yarn is by 'Aslan Trends' - Fantasy Luxury Yarns and the colour is 'Litoral Sparkle'.


I've seen lots of infinity scarves in the stores this season - the trouble is they are all quite wide. While they are beautiful - they do NOT look good on me with my short neck.  This one is made using only 13 pegs. It looks narrow, but when you double it up as an infinity I think it is going to be just perfect.

It's also working up quickly, so I hope to have photos to share of it all finished later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I have that same yarn (just in a different color) and have not been able to figure out what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete