Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hexigon Dishcloth

I have made quite a few dishcloth's since I started loom knitting, but tend not to post pictures of them. They have all been made on a Knifty Knitter round loom using a double strand of cotton yarn.

Until now.


I have played around with different sizes, as I don't like a huge bulky dish cloth - and until now I haven't hit upon a size I really enjoy using.  While practicing Charity's 'Hexigon Blanket' (in the Winter issue of Loom Knitter Circle e-mag) I made a couple of dish cloths. The first one on a Knifty Knitter loom using a double strand. I liked the finished size, and that because of the pinwheel design, it doesn't get all stretchy when it's wet!

The next one I did was using the All In One loom and a single strand of cotton yarn. It turned out really good ... I was pleased with it.  So - I set up the Martha Stewart loom and made another one using a single strand of cotton yarn. When it was finished I made another - since you can get TWO from a single skein.  :-)



Here is a close up of how I set up the Martha Stewart loom. Note the grey pegs are holdiing the loom together - they are not worked at all.  I used 13 pegs (since I like a cloth on the smaller side) and a single strand of yarn.  Because of the half-hitch on the last peg, there is a nice border all around the outside and no crochet border was needed.


I presently have a white hat on my loom (a special order), as well as a cape. But it's HOT here, and I have managed to hurt my back. So sitting and knitting is just not going to happen for at least a week.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment