Thursday, July 25, 2013

Baby Blanket Update

I thought I'd post an update on the baby blanket I'm making for the 'Loom Knitters Class Project" (Yahoo Group). 


It's coming along, although the yarn is a chunky #6 so the knit fabric is quite rigid. It is softening up as it gets longer and away from the pegs, but it may still have to be blocked when it's done.  I LOVE Brenda's stitch though! It's very relaxing - almost meditative.  Knit Knit Shift Knit Knit. And I LOVE that I am able to make a seamless baby blanket with a 36 peg loom!

In this next photo - have a good look at the orange loom pick.


Yes, Jasper got it OFF the kitchen table where I have my loom. This is the 2nd hook he has destroyed ... am I impressed? NO! As far as I know, I can't get them here in Canada. Now I have to wait until we visit Arizona again - which is not going to happen in the near future.  I'm pretty sure I bought an extra one for my Mom to put in my Christmas stocking though, so I may only have to wait until Christmas. Now I'm having to use my purple loom pick - which works just fine but it's harder on my hands using a chunky yarn. Humph.


Doesn't that stitch make a great textured fabric? I'm SO happy I signed up for this class!  I'll share another update later next week.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, wondering if there is anywhere on the web thst shows how to knit this stitch. I like how both sides of the fabric look so would like to make a blanket using this stitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an on-line class I took, and Brenda Myers was the instructor. You can contact her through her blog "Loom Lore", link on the right side of my blog. She may have other information available for this stitch.
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete