Friday, June 21, 2013

Another Finished 'Sweet on Ruffles Shawlette'

Today for 'Finished Friday' I wanted to share my 'Sweet on Ruffles' Shawlette (Pattern by Renee Van Hoy). 


I'm very happy with how it turned out - and it looks completely different than my first one (see HERE).  I steam blocked this one, and it opened up the simple garter stitch nicely. 






On a side note, the wonderful ladies on the GoodKnitKisses Facebook group helped me understand why I was having such trouble with the Hexigon Blanket ... and I think I have it now!  I made a dishcloth as a trial, and it worked out OK.  There are a few mistakes in it, but I learned from them and they actually  helped me understand how the pattern works. I'll still have to decide if I'm going to go ahead and make our daughter a lap blanket using that pattern, but at least I have it figured out now!

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. I love your shawl, it is very pretty. Where do you get your patterns? I am just graduating from hats and I want to different items. C.wileman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment! I really like the patterns by Renee Van Hoy. If you click on her name in the post above it will take you directly to her site. Otherwise, you can always click on the link for 'Invisible Loom Knitting' on the right hand side of my blog that will get you there too. She has many beautiful patterns that are well written. Haha, I'm a huge fan.
    You can also find her and her patterns on Ravelry!
    All the best,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete