Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Red Hat

I finished the red hat I made to go with my 'Sweet On Ruffles Shawlette' (see THIS post). I made it with the sumptious Caron Simply Soft yarn and a Classic Knits loom which is the equivalent of the Knifty Knitter Green loom. 


You can see the beginning of the hat in THIS post, if you are curious about the stitches used.


When I do this type of wide brim I like to add a single crochet border around the bottom edge which keeps the brim turned up where it's supposed to be.  This time I also added a single crochet border around the top edge as well. And a crochet flower just for fun!


Once again I used Jeannie Thompson's flat gathered cast off to finish off the hat.  Into the winter box with this set ... the weather is lovely this time of year and a hat is not required!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment