Sunday, May 19, 2013

Red Hat WIP

My goodness, it seems like it's been a long time since I've posted.  My looms have been busy, but I have some blocking to do, some ends to weave in, some buttons to find and attach, and some pictures to upload. Sheesh. 

Meanwhile, I thought I'd share another Work In Progress ... a hat to go with my Sweet On Ruffles Shawlette (see THIS post). 


I'm using the 2nd largest from the 4 loom set by 'Classic Knits', which would be the equivalent of the green Knifty Knitter loom.  A nice wide garter stitch brim is followed by the Lacy Diamond Stitch**, using that lovely Simply Soft yarn by Caron. Oh how I love this yarn.


Notice the green bin?  Found it at a Dollar Store following an idea I saw in multiple forms on Pinterest.  Brilliant!  I'm using two strands of the yarn held together as one, so each strand comes through a different hole in the bin. Keeps everything from tangling, keeps the yarn from bouncing around and getting dog hair in it, and the loom & knitting tool fit inside when it's time to pack up. Best $1 I've spent in years.  ;-)



**Lacy Diamond Stitch from the book "Learn New Stitches on Circle Looms" by Anne Bipes

Right now I'm working on a 2nd hat to go with the two almost finished scarflette's I've yet to share, another 'Sweet On Ruffles Shawlette', a cape, and I'm anxious to start on a couple of lap blankets.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment