Thursday, May 23, 2013

'Montery Lime' Scarflette WIP

Today's post is to share the 2nd 'Montery Lime' Scarflette I was working on:


This one uses a different stitch sequence than the first (see that one on THIS post).  A garter stitch border keeps the edges from rolling, then I'm e-wrapping 2 pegs and skipping one.

 


 I'm using my own 'No Counting Garter Stitch' technique ... On every single row you purl the first three pegs. Then you continue e-wrapping two pegs and skipping one, e-wrapping the final 3 pegs in the row. When you turn to go back, you simply purl the first 3 pegs. Using my technique, you never have to remember whether you are on a purl or a knit row for the border. You ALWAYS purl the first pegs and knit the last! That gives you a garter stitch border with no headaches or lost places.

**Tip - for a nicely finished edge, you can slip (skip, ignore, don't work) the first peg on each row and purl the next two pegs instead of purling those first three stitches.

I am on the hunt for a lovely green button to keep this scarflette and the previous one closed, then I can post pictures of them finished.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. I am so new to loom knitting.... Just taught myself last week but I think I can handle this stitch and project. Thank you for sharing! I am still on the hunt for a simple afghan pattern. I will keep reading your blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm new to loom knitting and came across your blog, you have some great projects! I'm making this with a pumpkin colored Wool-ease Thick and Quick and love how soft it is, but it is also very thick. Did you wet block yours and if so how much did that increase the length and width? Also, what type of bind off did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scarf and the previous post. Sadly I am a visible kinetic learner that does much better with a video to follow along. Do you have any videos for the crochet cast on and the slip stitch edging as I am unaware of how to do those? Thank you so much!My email is, walls.patricia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - thank you for the comment! No, I don't do video's - I would have no idea how to do it! I'm sure you can Google search both though, as there are lots of talented loom knitters out there who have probably already done video's on these. Cheers, Karen.

      Delete
  4. Would you have a loom pattern for a long poncho? I don't understand how to put the pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - no, I don't have a long poncho pattern. I am sure if you check Ravelry there are other loom knitters that have patterns for sale and maybe a long poncho one as well. Most of my loom knitting patterns, I purchased from Ravelry. The prices are very reasonable. Hope that helps!

      Delete