Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Open Back Neck Warmer

In the early Fall of 2011, I had a 'looming brainstorm'. 


Unfortunately, I didn't make any notes on how I made these, but I'm sure I could figure it out if I had to make more. The ones I did make went into our 2011 Christmas Craft Sale and they all sold!  I also know I would have used either the yellow or green Knifty Knitter loom, probably the yellow (largest).


I had made lots of hats and headbands but wanted to try something different ... The 'Open Back Neck Warmer' (for lack of a better name) was knit from the bottom up. I used one strand of Homespun held together with one strand of white worsted weight yarn and this is what I came up with!


At the time, I was out at our cabin as we were having some work done on the deck so Loom Knitting was a great way to pass the time out there. I made several of these, and will share the rest of the photos in the next few days.

This next one was made using a single strand of Homespun. Even though it sold, I liked the 'bulk' of the one made with two strands better.





Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment