Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finished Shawlette

I finished my 'Sweet On Ruffles Shawlette' and it turned out really nice.


I can't get to my steamer right now, so I am going to wait and block it next month. Ha, it's not like there will be a need for a cozy warm shawlette for a few months! At least I hope not.  I had thought about not blocking it, but I think it will open up the eyelet work a little.  I like it with the triangle worn to the front more than in the back as a shawlette.


With the lovely red, it might be a perfect addition to wear with a jean jacket to our Calgary Stampede in July! You just never know what the weather is going to do in July, so I won't be putting this away in the winter box just yet.



I'll weave the yarn tails in once it's been blocked and if blocking really changes the size & ruffles, I'll post pictures at that point.

Thanks to Renee Van Hoy at 'Invisible Loom Craft' for a wonderful pattern ... I will make more of these for sure! And now that I have used that Caron 'Simply Soft' yarn - I want to use more of it. It is just wonderful to work with, has a lovely drape and is soft with just a touch of a satin look to it. Love it!

Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. Karen, this is simply gorgeous! Your work is beautiful. Enjoy wearing the shawlette.

    ReplyDelete