Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Finished Dressy Short Poncho

Well I have another short poncho finished - and it is surprisingly comfortable, considering how the yarn felt like spun plastic as I was working on it.



It is nice and dressy, I think it will be the perfect thing to throw on over a shell if going out to dinner in the summer months. The poncho is very lightweight, and has a beautiful drape - which you can see on the hanger above.  Below, it looks great with the shoulders bunched up a bit.


Or even just one shoulder bunched up ...


It will even work under a jacket on a cool Spring or early Fall day. It's so lightweight it will add a little warmth and a lot of pizazz.  I'm happy I continued on with it even with that crazy yarn.

For information on the stitch sequence and loom used, see my previous post. It took 3 skeins of that Sparkle yarn.


I still won't be wearing it outside if it's hot - so this poncho is out of the question for our nephew's wedding. In Arizona. In May. 

Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment: