Monday, April 1, 2013

Cozy Cowl

I had this skein of yarn and a long road trip ahead of me. I decided to use it and made myself a cowl, but since I made the whole thing in the car I didn't think to take a picture of the Work In Progress (WIP).


The loom used was the largest (yellow) Knifty Knitter, and I used the 'Lacy Diamond Stitch' which is essentially a figure 8 stitch. It was knit in the round and I just continued around until I had just enough yarn left to cast off.



I like that the yarn used, with it's thick and thin bits - and the stitch combo created this lovely scallop border!


 I haven't steam blocked the cowl yet - but there is lots of time as I probably won't wear it now until next winter.  I'll post a picture if I do end up steaming it, as I wonder if it will open up the stitches at all.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment