Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Beige Short Poncho

It's Wednesday, so I have a WIP (Work In Process) to share today. Another short poncho!


When I first started Loom Knitting, I ordered this yarn 'Boutique Swirl' in 'Cobblestone'. It was sooooo soft, but didn't have a lot of body. Originally I thought I'd use it for a cowl, but it wasn't right for that and it just sat in my bin waiting for the 'perfect' pattern.


Since I'd recently finished several large projects, I wanted something simple to work on - and thought I'd try a short poncho with the 'Boutique Swirl' from my bin. The yarn has such a lovely drape to it!


I decided  not to do the 'Waves of Lace' stitch pattern on this one though - instead, I alternated rows of yarn-overs, knits, purls and drop stitches. The drop stitches were done with only TWO wraps per peg, so they aren't too long but it gives interest to the piece.

I'm glad this is working out so well, as I tried a fancy shawl using a netting type yarn called Sashay and it is not turning out right and will have to be frogged. I made a cowl during a road trip last weekend but I am just not happy with it and will probably end up frogging that too. Using the right yarn for a project makes all the difference!

I was able to take advantage of a huge sale at Cricutmachine.com and now have some extra Knifty Knitter looms.  They don't make them anymore, so having some extra's is nice - and as well I can have more than one project on the go.  I'm using the purple Knifty Knitter loom for this one, as the gauge is smaller than on the yellow ones.  EDITED:  I am using the Classic Knits loom (from Hobby Lobby) for this, the lilac one which is 41 pegs. Same as the largest Knifty Knitter in the set, the yellow one.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment