Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finished 'Waves of Lace' Shawl

I finished my 'Waves of Lace' shawl** and I am SO pleased with it. It's a good thing I'm too busy to be looming this week or I'd have another one started already. The first two show the shawl just draped over the shoulders ...



SUCH beautiful colours!

Next the one side is flipped up over the opposite shoulder, and is probably the way I'll wear it most often.
 


I made a circle of double crochet w/ chain stitches and plan to use it with the shawl in a couple of different ways:




 I do have one wooden shawl pin in my drawer, and - while it will work so-so -I plan on finding a perfect one on Etsy in the next couple of weeks.  :-)




I remembered to photograph the shawl before I steam blocked it, and again after ...



You can see how the stitches really opened up with the blocking and I gained some additional width as well.

The finished size (after blocking) is about 88" long x 25" wide. I did a row of single crochet on both the cast-on and cast-off edges.  This is going to be a perfect summer shawl, and depending on what dress I get for our nephew's Arizona wedding, this might be what I wear over it!

Thanks for stopping by.

** The 'Waves of Lace' pattern is by Lisa Sawyer, and can be purchased HERE.  





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I know this is an old post but I just came across it. Love the shawl!!! What color yarn did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found my notes on this ... I used Bernat Mosiac, and the colour is 'Ambrosia'.
      So glad you liked the shawl, and I appreciate your comment.
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete