Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finished Short Poncho

Oh, it's been a long time since I've posted. It's been busy, and while I have been doing a little looming - I haven't done much. And then I had no time to post what I HAVE finished.  This morning I decided before I tackle anything else, I will get these pictures ready to share.


As I mentioned in the previous post, I did NOT use the Waves of Lace stitch sequence that I have used on all my other short poncho's. I used a series of 'yarn-overs', ewraps, purls, and 'drop stitch'. I really like the visual interest it gives the poncho and is a pattern I will use again for sure!


A neighbor took me to her church last evening, and we sat in the 'Hot Flash' section. (Always good to know you aren't alone, ha ha). She suggested I bring a sweater or light jacket, which I did. I will go again tomorrow to celebrate Easter, and I think this poncho will be perfect. Easy to pull on, & easy to pull off when we come outside into the heat of the day.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope to have something else to post soon.




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this poncho!!!! I'm new to loom knitting and still trying to figure out HOW to do this.. but Im hoping to be talented enough to make this very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather! I'm sure you will be able to make a project like this in no time. Just practice the different stitches until you are really comfortable with them and it will all come together.
      Cheers, Karen

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this!!! do you have a pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bernadette! I don't have a pattern, but I have made several of these. You can see them by clicking on the PONCHO label to the right of my blog. The first one I made, explains how I did it ... here is the link:
      http://knittingwithlooms.blogspot.ca/2013/01/finished-poncho.html
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete