Monday, March 4, 2013

Cream Lacy Hat

This hat is truly the softest thing I have ever loom knit.  I used three strands of baby yarn - for details on the loom, and three-strands-as-one technique, see THIS post. 



 I made the hat to go with my lacy infinity scarf (see THIS post and pictured wrapped around the display model's overly skinny neck, above). After I did the wide ribbed band I switched to the 'waves of lace' stitch to match the infinity scarf.  Jeannie Phillip's flat gathered bind-off was used for the top of the hat.


We had a winter storm blow in this weekend, so I will still be getting lots of use out of this set!

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I don't have a pattern for the Waves of Lace stitch that I used, but you can purchase the shawl pattern at here: http://loomknittingdesigns.com/patterns_wavesofLace.html
      Once I learned the stitch sequence, I found it really easy to apply to many different projects. Hope this helps,
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete