Monday, February 11, 2013

Slouch Hat with Ribs - a Work In Progress (WIP)

I had all this lovely soft yarn leftover from my infinity scarf (see THIS post) so I decided to make a slouch hat to wear with it. I cast on and started it with the green Knifty Knitter ... but it was just too loose. So I frogged it.


Then I cast it on again with the 59 peg CinDWood loom (the largest hat loom in the combo) and started with a simple garter stitch band (knit one row, purl one row).


Then I started my pattern, purling 4 stitches and knitting one. The pegs weren't numbered properly though, so I did have 1 set at the back of the hat that had 3 purled stitches instead of 4 - I don't think it will be too noticeable. I like the way the knit stitches stand out above the purled ones, forming ribs.


And look how pretty the INSIDE is, with all the knit stitches (the reverse of the purl) - you can't even see the knit stitch rows!


I'm much happier with the look of this hat using the smaller gauge loom, but each row sure takes a long time with there being 59 pegs!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment