Monday, February 25, 2013

Finished Lacy Infinity Scarf

I finished this almost two weeks ago, but just haven't had time to post it! It turned out really good - the only thing I am disappointed in is that I didn't take a photo before I steam blocked it so you could see the difference:


I used a 1/2" gauge CinDWood Afghan loom (see the beginning at THIS post), and a single strand of Bernat Softee Baby yarn. Oh, this is sooooooo soft - I just love how it feels when I wear it.  The stitch pattern is one I learned when I bought Lisa Sawyers "Waves of Lace" shawl, which you can purchase HERE


I hesitated to steam block it as it was SO soft and cozy - but I do really like the look of the lacy stitch 'all opened up'. Such a pretty piece - I'm happy I tackled it.


I did a row of single crochet around both long edges when the infinity scarf came off the knitting loom. I just like the way it finishes off a piece, and it gives this lacy piece some stability at the edge.

Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. I love this scarf! I love it so much that I bought Lisa Sawyers' "Waves of Lace" shawl pattern and now I have a question. In her shawl pattern, Lisa works left to right and right to left (not in the round). When you were knitting this on the loom, did you change directions that you worked or did you modify the pattern to achieve the waves? If you modified, can you explain how? Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawn ... thanks for the comment. I would have worked it the same way Lisa Sawyers pattern suggested. I've used the stitch pattern so many times, I don't even look at the pattern anymore.
      This project REALLY opened up when it was blocked.
      Hope this helps,
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Wher can I get this pattern? My e-mail is jjcornett@me.com. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean ... the link to the shawl I used for the stitch pattern is in the post. Just scroll down and look for the link beside the "Waves of Lace" shawl.

      Delete