Friday, February 15, 2013

Finished Brown & Cream Hat

I finished the hat I was working on in my last post:


I made it to go with the 'Bon Voyage Infinity Scarf' - click HERE to see that project.


 I used Jeannie Phillips flat gathered cast off to complete the hat - I just love the finished look of it.


The hat was loom knit on the CinDWood hat loom but it turned out a little large on me. It's the first time I used that particular loom for a hat for me so I've made a note that they are a little big for me as my head is on the smallish side. I did a row of single crochet around the brim and that helps it fit on my head better.


After doing a garter stitch band (1 row e-wrap, 1 row purl),  I knit every 4th peg & purled all the rest. Because of the peg count on the loom, there is one spot at the back of the hat where I knit on the 3rd peg rather than the 4th. 


This hat is really cozy and warm, SO soft with the Bernat Chunky and I love the ribbed look of the knit stitches.


I'm not hoping for cold weather so I can wear my set ... but if when it comes again I'll be ready.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment