Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Finished "Bon Voyage" Infinity Scarf

YAY - I finished my Infinity Scarf and I love it. LOVE it. It is sooooo soft and cozy and warm. I actually finished it earlier, but didn't have a chance to get the pictures taken and uploaded until now. (See HERE for the loom and yarn used.)



I actually changed George's pattern a little, adding a series of yarn-over's after the cast on row (and again before the cast off row) but with the smaller gauge loom and the chunky yarn they don't really show up. All part of the learning process! I do really like the moss stitch in the center - what a fun little touch and it gives the piece lots of body.

You can double it up a couple of ways:



We met our daughter and hubby for lunch in Canmore this past weekend and as soon as she saw me she said "Nice Scarf".  :-)))

I have lots of this yarn leftover, so I'm thinking I might make myself a hat to go with the Infinity Scarf. I'm also going to keep my eyes open for a good sale, as this would make a fabulously cozy throw.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Can you point me to this pattern please? I have looked at the GKK FB page, but cannot find it anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a variation of my Spring Vine Infinity Scarf with less drops. I think Karen was thinking George's Skip to the Loom pattern which is made differently. Here is the link to my site with the free pattern. http://www.goodknitkisses.com/Resources/spring-vine-infinity-scarf/ Happy Looming!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa ... George's pattern is actually on the GoodKnitKisses Loom Knit & Craft Club FB page, under Files. I just checked and it's still there. Hopefully you are a member there, otherwise you will have to request to join before you can access the pattern.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete