Friday, February 8, 2013

Fancy Short Poncho Finished

Today is "Finished Friday" at the GoodKnit Kisses Facebook group, so I'm sharing my dressy short poncho! (For the original post w/ loom and yarn used, see THIS POST.)


I used Lisa Sawyer's "Waves of Lace" stitch and the poncho turned out almost exactly the way I wanted it to. My only complaint is that it doesn't drape the way my first one does (see THIS POST). But that is because of the yarn I used, and I'm still pretty happy with it. It is dressy - and will be lovely over a silver sleeveless top. It can be worn pretty much for all seasons, as it is so comfy you could even wear it out to dinner! Your arms are free, but shoulders, upper back and front are still cozy warm.


I love these things - I wear my black one frequently. If the house gets a little cold - I toss it on. If I have to run out to the recycling bin - I toss it on. I keep it handy to grab whenever I need it - it's so easy to put on and wear.



I have already started another one - using Homespun yarn - that I can wear while travelling. It will be perfect on a plane or car trip when you want something flexible, light, but still warm. Even with such an open stitch, it's amazing how warm these are!

I have another couple of projects on my looms as well ... I love having a hobby where I can do a row here and there as I have time and eventually end up with a lovely finished project.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment