Monday, January 14, 2013

Verigated Slouch Hat

I finished my 'Last Minute Slouch Hat'.  Isela Phelps' pattern, designed for the AIO loom but I did it on a CinDWood hat loom instead. Love the spiral stitch pattern and the hat is really soft and cozy.



I tried Jeannie Phillips' "Flat Drawstring Cast off" for the first time and ... WOW! It makes a perfectly flat top - I'm amazed. And so grateful that Jeannie shares her talents with other loomers.


This gives you a better look at the spiral pattern ... the band is 5 rows of Seed Stitch and the yarn is Bernat Softee. I also did a row of single crochet along the bottom of the brim - I thought I might need to make the hat fit a little tighter.


I wore this hat every time I stepped out this weekend, and it will be on my head again shortly as I go walk the dogs. It's snowing here in Calgary so I'm looking forward to wrapping up in COZY.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment