I thought I'd give it a try, but I haven't followed a crochet pattern in YEARS and it was too hard with the Homespun yarn. So I tried it again with two strands of the Bernat Baby Sport I used for the Baby Girl Hat (see THIS post) and it worked out!
I couldn't figure out how to join the ends of the rows from the pattern instruction, but that was easy enough to fudge. I did my own thing around the neck and a shell stitch instead of a single crochet around the outside. It turned out pretty cute and I can't wait to give it to her.
If she likes it, and if she will keep it on (she is a master of taking off things she doesn't want to wear anymore, and of course those Terrible Two's are on the horizon) ... I have a better idea of how I might make her another one on a knitting loom.
I'm still puttering away on my two WIP's ... a row here and a row there and eventually I will get them finished. I haven't had much looming time this past week but have been able to work on one of them a bit this weekend. It's so relaxing and almost meditative. I need that calm in my life on a daily basis.
Thanks for stopping by.