Friday, January 11, 2013

Finished Friday - Rope Scarf

The GoodKnit Kisses Facebook Group wants to photos of what we've finished loom knitting this week  -- they call it Finished Friday.  I have my Rope Scarf finished and I'm pleased with how it turned out!



I like the bit of sparkle in the yarn, and I'm much happier with this project than the scarflett I frogged to re-use the yarn. I was just not happy with that one at all.

As mentioned in my previous post, I used my CinDWood hat loom and made a 3-peg iCord with the yarn (Red Heart Boutique in Midnight).  It will go with my slouch hat (see THIS post) although I'm not quite sure that I can pull off that look yet.

I have several other projects started - another slouch hat (Isela Phelps Last Minute Slouch Hat), another short poncho, and this morning I just wanted to start a quick project so am trying Isela's stitch pattern on a hat loom using chunky yarn.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Can I ask how long it was when you cast off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin - thanks so much! I don't have an actual measurement for you - I just kept working the i-cord until I finished the skein. I did keep making large loops though and holding it up so they length I did have would make long enough for me. It would depend on how many loops you wanted, how tall you are and your chest size.

    I bet if you Googled "Crochet Rope Scarves" someone would have a measurement for you.

    Hope this helps
    Karen

    ReplyDelete