Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby Girl Hat

It's 'Finished Friday' at the GoodKnit Kisses Facebook group, and I have something to share!

I have been crazy busy this week and haven't had much opportunity to work on my loom knitting. When I can, I add a row or two to my two WIP's but may get some time this weekend to do more.

Meanwhile, I heard that one of my pen-pals is a new Grandma. I grabbed this soft variegated yarn and made a sweet newborn hat. It's pretty tiny, but so is the baby - under 6 lbs! 



The yarn is Bernat Baby Sport, and I used the blue Knifty Knitter loom with two strands held as one. A few rows of garter stitch for the brim, then I knit the rest of the hat with the seed stitch. When I was finished, I crochet a small shell stitch border around the brim.

Such a tiny little treasure ... and I know she will love giving it to the new little bundle in their family.

Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. can this be done for an adult

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant create the seed stitch your're using. Any suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the stitch isn't working out for you. I just e-wrap 1 peg/ purl the next peg all the way across. Then the next row is purl then e-wrap. Perhaps you are using the knit stitch instead of e-wrap? This was done so long ago, i don't have any special recollections for the stitch.

      Delete
  3. I have not Loomed anything yet, but want to give it a try, I don't see the pattern for this cute hat. Can you share it? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a pattern when I loom knit hats - I just knit the brim as deep as I want it, in whatever stitch I feel like doing at the time. A lot of it depends on the yarn you are using as well. Then I choose a stitch and knit the top of the hat until it's as deep as I'd like it to be. Do a gathered cast off (there are YouTube video's for this) and you are done.

      Delete