Monday, January 21, 2013

Another Finished Slouch Hat

I finished my "Last Minute Slouch Hat" (pattern by Isela Phelps) and I'm really enjoying wearing it.


It was a nice change to use such a fine yarn instead of bulky, and the All In One loom is such a pleasure to use. This is actually the first hat I've made on that loom but now that I have the peg count figured out I will make others for sure!





I did Jeannie Phillips drawstring cast off as I love the nice flat look ... but other hats I've seen with a regular gathered cast off look different so I think I will try that another time.  On the other hand, the extra weight of using Jeannie's Phillips method gives the top of the hat a nice weight which helps keep it slouchy! 



I have a couple of other long term projects on my looms,  and I will post pictures soon.

4 comments:

  1. Can you post a video of you making this slouch hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diane, I don't do video's. You can do a search though, as Isela has a video already done - she write the pattern! Look for 'Last Minute Slouch Hat'. Hope that helps

      Delete
  2. Can I ask what yarn did you use??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check the previous post, as I don't remember what it was! It was Lion Brand's Amazing.

      Delete