Sunday, December 30, 2012

Popcorn Stitch Hat

I thought I'd try my hand at the popcorn stitch on my knitting looms ... and made this hat for our 2011 Christmas Craft Sale:


The pattern book is out at our cabin, so I don't have it handy - but I will update this post in the New Year with the name of it - it has several new stitches for looms and I have sure got my money's worth out of it. This popcorn stitch was tricky though - but possibly it was the poor lighting at the cabin?


At any rate, the hat turned out OK - I used a soft off-white boucle yarn held together with cream worsted and the hat was very soft and cozy. My neighbor snatched it up immediately and I often see her or one of her daughters wearing it. Such a good feeling!

I have nothing on my looms at the moment, but I do have a project rattling around in my head. Hopefully I can start on it soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment