Monday, December 3, 2012

Lap Afghan Beginning

I thought I'd share a peek at the lap afghan I'm making for my Dad for Christmas.


In these pictures, I have just joined the 2nd skein of yarn, so that gave me an idea how much further I have to go before it's finished. I bought 5 skeins and I'm pretty sure that will be enough.


The stitch pattern is the one I seem to be addicted to lately. It's completely e-wrapped, wrapping 3 pegs and skipping one. Each edge has 4 pegs wrapped, as I like to slip the first stitch at the beginning of each row and always knit the last stitch - even if it's a purl row. That gives the edge such a nice finish.

Alternating rows of knit and purl on those beginning and ending 4 pegs keeps the sides from rolling, but I still have to try that with the botom. While this is rolling now - I like to finish my blankets off with a crochet border - so that will take care of the rolled edges on this project.

I may have to give up sleep between now and Christmas to get it done though.  AACK!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment