Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Red Project

Today's share is the beginning of the project I'm working on next.  Since I finished my Swing Sweater, my yellow Knifty Knitter loom was free.  I had picked up two beautiful skeins of #6 chunky wool and thought I'd try something.


I did a seed stitch border on either side, then a series of (e-wrap 3 pegs skip one)


When I was less than half done, I ran out of the first skein of yarn and that sort of threw me for a loop. I liked what I had done so far but I didn't think I was going to have enough yarn for my project and there was no time to search for another skein in the same die lot.


So, I will continue on and see what I can come up with before I run out of yarn!

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    I live in South Africa and is busy developing a teaching and training course for underprivileged kids and kids with learning problems. I would like your permission to use some of your tutorials to include in a handbook for this purpose. These kids do not have access to the internet so it is very difficult to only provide links. Kindly let me know if it is possible. Kind Regards Trudie van Dyk. My e-mail address is polymerprofiles@gmail.come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a tutorial on how to do the skip stitch on the first row after your seed stitch border?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have a tutorial. You simply e-wrap three pegs and skip the fourth. The yarn goes in front or behind (I can't remember which) that 4th peg and you just ... ignore it. When you knit off the E-wrapped pegs, you ignore, or skip that 4th peg all the way around. So you never actually knit off that 4th peg - you ignore (skip) it throughout. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Look at the picture you can see the skiped fourth peg i didn't got that either in the beginning but then I looked at the picture and I understood that

      Delete
  3. Muito bonito o trabalho infelizmente aqui no Brasil não encontramos telares,recentemente minha filha foi ao Chile encontrando uma loja onde posso encomendar desde aqui

    ReplyDelete