Monday, November 26, 2012

Red Shawl/Poncho/Cowl

I finished my Red Project early last week, but didn't have a chance to take and upload the pictures until today. As I mentioned in previous posts, I didn't have enough yarn to make this the way I'd planned, but I think this will work out just fine.


When I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn I had to change my idea, and instead loom knit this as a long rectangle.


I joined about 5" of each end together, then did a single crochet order around the bottom and neck edge. Thankfully I had enough yarn left to do that - there sure wasn't much left when I was finished! Like a single 12" strand.  Yikes!


Because the yarn was so chunky (a #6) the shawl/poncho/cowl is nice and cozy. I can wear it several different ways, and I plan on making good use out of it on chilly evenings or if we are at our cabin. I'm always cold if we are downstairs watching TV so this will be just the thing to stave off those cold drafts..


I'm scrambling now to finish up a loom knit lap afghan for my Dad for Christmas.

**Note, at this point I am not going to move my loom knit projects from Altered Scrapbooking over to this blog. If you are curious, look to the labels on the right side of that blog and you can click on Loom Knitting, or Knifty Knitter to see those earlier projects. 

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment