Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cream Hat

Last year I made everyone in the family hats for Christmas. This is the one I made our middle daughter - she had asked for a cream one.


It looks so good on her, and since I used an Alpaca blend it is also nice and toasty. This is another hat where, after I did the garter stitch band I just continued using various stitches, decreasing at the crown so it wasn't so bulky. I wish I'd had a notebook to keep track of the stitches I used, but I'm careful to use my notebook for every project now.


I am now working on a 'Baby's Sweet Bonnet' for Olivia, having adapted the size of Renee Van Ho's pattern to fit a toddler. Let's hope I did it right. If not, I have detailed notes so I will know what I need to change for the next one.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have patterns that you either share or are for purchase? I loom hats for St. Jude's and would love to try a couple of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne - I'm sorry but I don't normally use a pattern when I make hats. They are easy enough to do without a pattern if you have a round loom - and I'm sure you could find free patterns online. The Authentic Knitting Board ( http://www.knittingboard.com ) has some patterns on their site and you can always find looming patterns to purchase on Etsy. Happy Looming!

      Delete