Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Olivia's Doll Blanket

I finished Olivia's doll blanket, and will get a chance to give it to her this weekend. It turned out pretty cute!


It's about 20 x 20" square. I was running low on the yarn, since I was just using skeins from my stash, so I only did the crochet shell stitch at the top and bottom. Before the shell stitch, I did a single crochet border all the way around the blanket.

In addition to 'e-wrapping 3 pegs then purling one' I added a lacy diamond stitch row every so often. What can I say - I get bored easy.  :-)  The  Knit 3/ Purl 1 stitch sequence gives almost a scalloped edge, which was a nice surprise.



If I hadn't added that Lacy Diamond stitch - the blanket would be completely reversible. Something to keep in mind for another time. As it is, the back side is just fine - especially knowing that it is a TOY and 17 month old Olivia won't even notice if it is reversible or not.


This was a fun little project to work on ... easy, worked up fairly fast, and used up two skeins of yarn from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Very cute and I love the edge too. I might have to use that if I ever make a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, can you tell me which loom and what weight of yarn you used? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - there is more information in this post. Looks like I used the Knifty Knitter Hat Loom (Purple), which was sold on it's own and not in the Knifty Knitter Set. The gauge is slightly smaller than the large yellow Knifty Knitter, if that helps. http://knittingwithlooms.blogspot.ca/2012/10/olivias-doll-blanket-is-started.html

      Delete