Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ethan's Stroller Blanket

I finished Ethan's stroller blanket! I had enough of the green/blue/yellow yarn when combined with the cream alpaca, and I like the striped look -- I've never done a striped loom knit project before.


Interestingly enough (at least I find it interesting) - the strands between the e-wrapped row don't close up as much on this blanket compared to the one made with the coloured yarn only. Maybe because there isn't as much stretch to the cream yarn? Maybe because it is a tiny bit thicker than the coloured? I was surprised by how much just alternating rows of a 2nd yarn can completely change the outcome of your project.



I can't wait to give it to my daughter, and see my 'little buckeroo' snuggled up in his car seat or stroller. Wearing his matching hat, of course!

To see the first blanket, or for more information on the stitches etc - see THIS link or THIS one.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Love your blog! Thanks for visiting me, too. You are very welcome to post photos. I hope you enjoy the new patterns.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen! Your blog is very very nice ... a lot of wonderful creations with loom! I like so much knit loom. I'm working at my 2nd hat for my baby girl. Do you want to pass in my blog and leave a comment? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete