Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cream Cowl

I finished my black hat, but haven't taken the photos off my camera yet. Instead, I'm sharing a fun little cowl I whipped up last month.  I found this creamy yarn (80 yards) at our local farmers market - it looked too intriguing to pass up. 


I like all the different fibres in  the skein, and I'm happy enough with the cowl. The next time I use a yarn like this (and there WILL be a next time, ha ha) ... I will knit the cowl using a long loom so instead of chunks of each fibre the textures will change in a more subtle way. At least I'll give it a try so I can compare the difference.



The entire cowl was e-wrapped, wrapping two pegs then skipping one. Fast and easy and I always like the finished look of this stitch.

Thanks for stopping by.

**Note, at this point I am not going to move my loom knit projects from Altered Scrapbooking over to this blog. If you are curious, look to the labels on the right side of that blog and you can click on Loom Knitting, or Knifty Knitter to see those projects. 

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering if you worked in the round on this pattern and how many pegs you cast on to start. Love the look. Thanks

    ReplyDelete