Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mock Crochet Cowl

Last winter, I wanted to loom knit something and - even though I had already made myself a couple of split-back neck warmers (will share those another day), two scarfletts, and a couple of cowls - I decided to whip up another cowl. This time I used Homespun yarn - it is SO soft and I love the way it drapes. I don't love that it sometimes splits while knitting off the pegs, but as long as I'm careful and don't go too fast it's OK.


Haha, my plastic model has an unrealistically skinny neck so I had to bunch the cowl up to get the photo. I used the mock crochet stitch from Brenda Myers Lacy Scarflett ... such a fun stitch and I love the scallopy edge it makes.


Because the stitches are quite loose, I simply sewed a chunky button onto the outside of the cowl. That way, when the wind is blowing I can quickly thread the button through any of the stitches to snug it up and keep my neck cozy. If it's warmer out, or I go inside a store -- I can unbutton it just as quickly and let it hang loosely.

This was an easy peasy project, loom knit in the round using the 2nd largest Knifty Knitter loom. I know it wasn't the yellow one (the largest) because my Swing Jacket was still on it.   :-}  I haven't even looked at that loom in almost 2 weeks - but hopefully later this weekend I can pull it out and get to work.  We are having a chore day today.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment