Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mobius Twist Narrow Cowl

If you follow my other blog (Altered Scrapbooking) you will know that my friend Sue and I pop a card or paper crafting project in the mail to each other the first of every month.  This month, Sue is celebrating a birthday so I wanted to knit her something.

That something turned out to be a drop-stitch, narrow cowl with a Mobius Twist.


I didn't want the cowl to be too wide, as the sparkly mohair yarn might be too 'tickly' around the neck.  This way it can hang down the front of a sweater, blouse, or even a coat. The twist allows it to hang very nicely.

Once the cowl was as long as I wanted it, I carefully twisted the cast on edge once then brought that edge back up and put each stitch back on the pegs over the last row I'd just knitted. Each of those pegs then had 2 loops. I knit over, then cast off. Once again, no sewing together - gotta love that!


I used a combination of a beautiful sparkly mohair yarn and a ribbon yarn**, and the blue Knifty Knitter loom. That is the smallest one in the package and probably the one I use the most. It is a great size for dish cloth's and scarves!

** Ha ha, I can hoard pretty yarns as easily as I can scrapbook supplies. Both of these were from my stash.

Note, at this point I am not going to move my loom knit projects from Altered Scrapbooking over to this blog. If you are curious, look to the labels on the right side of that blog and you can click on Loom Knitting, or Knifty Knitter to see those projects.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment