Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ethan's Hat is Started...


I started on Ethan's stroller blanket; I have some beautiful cream alpaca yarn here that I thought would work in nicely and give me enough yarn to finish the blanket. Only I cast on 2 pegs/skip one instead of wrapping 3 pegs and skipping one. by mistake A huge difference in the look, and after I knit 6 inches I decided I didn't like it nearly enough to continue and frogged the whole thing.

Then I started on his hat - which is going to work up really quickly.  He loves LOVES LOVES to be warm and cozy - so he will probably need several hats to get him through the cooler weather. Yeah!

In the photo, the brim has been brought up to the center and knit off giving a nice, double knit brim. (Check out the various You-Tube videos to see how this technique is accomplished). 

Thanks for stopping by.

Note, at this point I am not going to move my loom knit projects from Altered Scrapbooking over to this blog. If you are curious, look to the labels on the right side of that blog and you can click on Loom Knitting, or Knifty Knitter to see those projects.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a pattern for this. I love it!!!!!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ... no, I don't have a pattern for this hat. I saw them around Pinterest, and just sort of winged it. I made the hat in the round just as you would a regular hat making it a few rows longer than I would have if I was doing the gathered cast off. Then, simply do a flat cast off and sew the flat edge together on the inside. I crochet a couple of 'dangles' to attach to each end, just for fun.
      Hope that helps!
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete