Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ethan loves his hat!

Ethan loves to have his head warm. In fact, Ethan loves to be warm. Really REALLY warm. Feet must be covered at all times, and he stopped fussing as soon as I finished stitching the top of his hat and put it on his head. Too funny.


I hadn't even added the 'tassels' to the top corners but he looked so sweet and settled in so happily, I just had to snap the picture. The wool is really soft and is such a pleasure to work with.

Here he is wearing the completed hat.  :-)  I have never done one of these styles before, but they are all over the web and in boutiques so I thought I'd give it a go.  Instead of doing a drawstring cast-off, I cast off each stitch as if I were working a flat panel. Because I had purled the last row, that gave the top a nice edge once it was stitched together.


I do NOT like making pom-poms, and I didn't want to add a real tassel ... so instead I crochet these pieces and stitched them onto the corners. So CUTE!

And just so you can see this little guy with his eyes open:


Now, even though I have a hectic week - I need to get going on his blanket. And a couple more hats! Miss Olivia - who has decided she will not wear hats anymore - apparently loves this hat. She will put it on when she dances. Ahahaha - my heart is full & happy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Note, at this point I am not going to move my loom knit projects from Altered Scrapbooking over to this blog. If you are curious, look to the labels on the right side of that blog and you can click on Loom Knitting, or Knifty Knitter to see those projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment