Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cozy Scarflet Gift

When our middle daughter was getting married, her soon-to-be In-Laws came to Alberta from Israel.

 In February.

It's cold in Alberta in February, and there can be lots of snow.  That kind of cold, and that much snow was a little daunting to the visitors. So I made "D" a scarflet, using Brenda Myers pattern and some pretty Curly Q yarn I had in my stash with the red Knifty Knitter Loom.


The yarn is thicker than ones I've made this scarflet with before, so it would be nice and warm. It was also AWFUL to loom with, as it was almost elastic. I had never met 'D' before and I didn't know what her colour preferences were. At least I had most of the colours covered with this yarn!


I had previously ordered some pretty hand-made buttons on Etsy - and guess where the artist lived? Yup - Israel. I thought that was a nice touch, and 'D' did too.  :-)


The thing I love the most about this pattern, is that you can wear it turned up or rolled down like a collar. It kept her nice and cozy during her visit, and I felt good giving her something I made with my own hands.

I haven't had a chance to do any more on Ethan's blanket, but hopefully this weekend I will get some done.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment